Monday, June 01, 2009

Frontiers at the IVAM in Valencia


Wednesday I had an email inviting me to a press conference for the major new IVAM exhibition CONFINES/FRONTIERS. I had heard about it several weeks ago when a lady from New York emailed me to tell me she was visiting Valencia with her family to witness the opening of which her son son was one of the artists in the Robert Wilson section. They all wanted to know what else they should see whilst visiting. I emailed the lady back with architectural and monumental information and asked her to expand a little on this exhibition. I got a very polite thanks and very little additional information on the show. It turns out that the exhibition is to celebrate 20 years of IVAM. It is a major undertaking as it fills four of the main galleries, in Consuelo Ciscar's words 'a risky undertaking'
What did we make of it all? click the headline to find out more.

No comments: